The Governor-General serves as Patron of a number of organisations.
The work of these groups is diverse but there is a unifying characteristic - they are made up of hardworking and selfless Australians who strive each day to make their communities better.
Collectively, their contribution is immense and the Governor-General and Mrs Hurley are proud to support their work.
As Patrons, the Governor-General and Mrs Hurley:
- Host the organisations for events at Government House and/or Admiralty Hose
- Attend functions to recognise and celebrate staff, volunteers and donors; and
- Visit the organisations to see their operations and meet those that they serve.
Applying for Vice-Regal patronage
Organisations can invite the Governor-General or Mrs Hurley to consider becoming Patron.
Organisations seeking for Vice-Regal patronage should demonstrate:
- a clear focus on relevant issues or interests of national significance
- a significant record of achievement over at least five years; and
- sound financial management and strong governance arrangements.
The Governor-General will not accept invitations for patronage from professional bodies, non-incorporated entities (such as projects, scholarships and memorials), and local organisations based outside the Australian Capital Territory.
Organisations seeking the Governor-General or Mrs Hurley to be their Patron should send a brief email to email@example.com providing an outline of their work and addressing the points above.