Queen's Birthday 2021 Honours List
The Queen’s Birthday 2021 Honours List recognises 1,190 Australians.
Included in the list are:
- 947 recipients of awards in the General Division of the Order of Australia (5 AC, 50 AO, 252 AM and 640 OAM) - gazette
- 33 recipients of awards in the Military Division of the Order of Australia (1 AO, 14 AM and 18 OAM) - gazette
- 139 Meritorious awards - gazette
- 71 Gallantry, Distinguished and Conspicuous awards - gazette
You can search for biographical details of each recipient here.
Announcing the list, the Governor-General said:
“On behalf of all Australians, congratulations to all recipients. Each of these individuals are unique and their story deserves to be shared widely and celebrated.
“Collectively, they speak to who we are as a nation. There are countless examples of selflessness, commitment and dedication. There is diversity and there are examples of exceptional achievement in almost every field imaginable.
“I am pleased that this list includes the highest ever percentage of women (44 per cent) recognised through the General Division of the Order of Australia. It is important that the Order of Australia represents the diversity and strength of Australia – for this to happen we need to ensure outstanding women, members of our multicultural community and First Nations people are nominated by their peers in the community. I am prioritising increasing awareness of and engagement with the Order of Australia amongst groups that have been historically underrepresented. We are seeing positive progress and I am determined that it continues.”
“To the individuals being recognised today, many of whom Linda and I look forward to meeting over the coming year, thank you for your service and congratulations on being recognised by your peers and your nation.
“To all Australians, I encourage you to consider nominating someone outstanding from your community for recognition. The great strength of our system is that it is ‘bottom-up’ – everyone recognised through the Order of Australia has been nominated by someone else, considered through an independent process and, today, celebrated by our nation.”
(The easiest way to search for the biographical notes by name or keyword is through this database. These pdf documents are organised by type of award).
- Companion of the Order of Australia
- Officer of the Order of Australia
- Member of the Order of Australia
- Medal in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Honorary Members of the Order of Australia
- Honorary Medal of the Order of Australia
- Order of Australia, Military Division
- Meritorious - PSM, APM, AFSM, ESM, ACM
- Military - Gallantry, Distinguished & Conspicuous