Australia Day 2022 Honours List
The Australia Day 2022 Honours List recognises 1040 Australians.
The list includes:
- 732 recipients of awards in the General Division of the Order of Australia (7 AC, 25 AO, 155 AM and 545 OAM) - gazette
- 30 recipients of awards in the Military Division of the Order of Australia (3 AO, 16 AM and 11 OAM) - gazette
- 197 Meritorious awards - gazette
- 81 Distinguished and Conspicuous awards - gazette
- 58 Australians recognised for their contribution in support of Australia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These individuals, recipients of awards in the General Division of the Order of Australia, Meritorious Awards and Military Awards will also be included in an ongoing and permanent COVID-19 Honour roll - gazette
Announcing the Australia Day Honours List, the Governor-General highlight that of the 732 awards in the General Division of the Order of Australia, the highest ever percentage (47 per cent) are for women and 45 per cent are for service to local communities.
”Congratulations to the outstanding Australians recognised in today’s Honours List. Collectively the recipients, whose achievements span community service, science and research, industry, sport, the arts and more, represent the strength and diversity of Australia.
“It has been a challenging couple of years and the recipients announced today are a reminder and reflection of the richness of spirit, selflessness and good in our community.
“The fact that the list includes the highest ever percentage of women is very encouraging and I look forward to this positive trend continuing. We will continue to increase awareness and encourage nominations for people from parts of our community that have been historically underrepresented.
“To the individuals being celebrated today; thank you for your contribution to Australia and congratulations on being recognised by your peers and your nation.
“To all Australians, please consider nominating someone outstanding from your community for recognition in the Order of Australia. The Order belongs to each of us and we each have a part to play. The only way a person can be recognised is for someone to nominate them.
(The easiest way to search for the biographical notes by name or keyword is through this database. These pdf documents are organised by type of award).
- Companion of the Order of Australia
- Officer of the Order of Australia
- Member of the Order of Australia (surnames A-L, M-Z)
- Medal in the General Division of the Order of Australia (surnames (A-E, F-L, M-R, S-Z)
- Honorary Members of the Order of Australia
- Honorary Medal of the Order of Australia
- Order of Australia, Military Division - AO, AM, OAM
- Meritorious - PSM, APM, AFSM, ESM, ACM
- Military - Gallantry, Distinguished & Conspicuous