Council for the Australian Bravery Decorations
The Australian Bravery Decorations Council is an independent advisory body that considers nominations for awards and makes recommendations to the Governor-General.
The Council meets twice yearly, usually in May and November, to consider nominations and make recommendations to the Governor-General for awards.
- Ms Teresa Hart PSM (Chair)
- Dr Craig Challen SC OAM
- Dr Natalie Hood
- Mr Dennis Quick
State and Territory Governments Representatives
- Mr John Trevillian AM (New South Wales)
- Mr Jeremi Moule (Victoria)
- Ms Filly Morgan PSM (Queensland)
- Ms Carolyn Sladden (South Australia)
- Ms Angela Kelly (Western Australia)
- Superintendent Hege Ronning-Burns (Northern Territory)
- Ms Fiona Birkett MVO (Tasmania)
- Ms Georgeina Whelan AM CSC and Bar (Australian Capital Territory)
- Ms Lisa Phelps (Department of Defence)
- Mr John Reid PSM (Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet)
As at October 2020.