Australian Corrections Medal
The Australian Corrections Medal (ACM) recognises distinguished service by an operational member of an Australian state or territory civilian corrections service for adults.
The Australian Corrections Medal was instituted in 2017 to recognise those who have rendered distinguished service as a member of an Australian state or territory civilian corrections service for adults.
More information on the award can be found on the pmc.gov.au website and in the , which includes:
- history, eligibility and nomination details
- Letters Patent, Regulations and Determinations
- images and descriptions of what each award looks like; and
- guidance on how decorations are worn.
About Letters Patent, Regulations, Determinations, and Wearing
Each award in the Australian honours system has been approved by Letters Patent signed by The Sovereign on the recommendation of the Prime Minister. The Letters Patent institutes the medal and determines that the medal is governed by the Regulations for each award.
The Regulations are approved by The Sovereign and set out the terms and conditions of an award including factors such as eligibility criteria and designations of the award.
The Regulations also authorise the Governor-General to approve the manner of wearing of each award and the design of the medal. This document is known as the Determination.
The Determination makes reference to the:
- Order of Wearing of Australian Honours and Awards - this is the notification by the Governor-General of the order the Sovereign has determined each award is to be worn; and
- Guide to the Wearing of Insignia - this is a detailed guide outlining the appropriate manner in which insignia are worn.
Australian Corrections Medal Letters Patent 2017 - 19 June 2017
subsequent letters patent that amend the regulations:
- Australian Corrections Medal Letters Patent (Amendment) - 23 December 2021
as amended by:
- Australian Corrections Medal Regulations (Amendment) - 23 December 2021
- Australian Corrections Medal Regulations 2017 - 19 June 2017 (original instrument)
- Australian Corrections Medal Determination 2023 - 28 April 2023
- Australian Corrections Medal Determination 2017 - 30 October 2017
- Meritorious Service Awards (Number of Awards) Determination 2022 - 8 March 2022