The Afghanistan Medal recognises Australian Defence Force personnel who have rendered service in designated operations in the Afghanistan region.
The Afghanistan Medal was instituted in 2004 to recognise Australian involvement in military operations in Afghanistan and other prescribed areas on or after 11 October 2011, including within Operations Slipper, Palate and Palate II.
- Afghanistan Medal Letters Patent 2004 - 30 September 2004
- Afghanistan Medal Regulations 2004 - 30 September 2004
Declarations, Determinations and Instruments under the Afghanistan Medal Regulations:
- Afghanistan Medal Instrument 2015 - 13 April 2015
- Afghanistan Medal Instrument 2014 - 4 September 2014
- Afghanistan Medal - Declaration and Determination 2012 - Amendment - 4 December 2012