Order of Australia guidance and promotion
Every person recognised through the Order of Australia has at least one thing in common - someone has taken the time to nominate them for recognition.
Nominating someone worthy is a way of recognising and celebrating the contribution that they have made, their achievements and the impact that they have had on their community.
There are resources to help:
- an electronic toolkit, including social media assets, editorial and videos
- a printable factsheet
- guidance about the process, including the answers to commonly asked questions.
You can also contact the Honours Team for assistance.
Anyone can nominate someone for the Order of Australia. If you would like to encourage your community, colleagues or friends to nominate, please use any of these promotional resources.
- 'Find out how to nominate' social media tile
- 'Find out how to nominate' social media tile (option 2)
- Case study - Sarah Brown AM - (Facebook and Instagram tiles) - "I think it is really important that stories that don't usually get light on them, get told. And that people understand what a diverse, and creative and resilient country we are."
- Case study - Regula Black OAM - (Facebook and Instagram tiles) - "I do what I do because I enjoy it and I love being in the community - it's just stunning to me that someone appreciates the work."
- Case study - Coralie Amos OAM (Facebook and Instagram tiles) "Initially I didn't believe it because I just work in the community, I enjoy it - I love doing what I do. When it all sunk in I was elated."
- Case Study - Angel Dixon OAM (Facebook and Instagram tiles) "If you believe in someone's work, you should nominate them. It can only amplify their message and help the work they do."
- Case study - Maria Alexiadis OAM (Facebook and Instagram tiles) "As honoured as I am to receive an award, I'm not a talker as such. I am someone who simply sees what needs to be done and does it."